Upgrade To Windows 10
Many loyal Windows 7 users completely ignored the offer to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, and in December 2017 Microsoft officially ended the free upgrade offer. Since January 2020 Microsoft have stopped supporting Windows 7, ceasing updates and leaving it open to security vulnerabilities.
No need to worry, if you have a legitimate Windows 7 or Windows 8 license then you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2020 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free
1. Visit the Windows 10 download page from here.
2. Click the ‘Download Tool now‘ button to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
3. Open the Media Creation Tool and accept the license terms.
4. Select the ‘Upgrade this PC now‘ option and click Next.
5. The tool will prompt you as to whether you wish keep everything or start from scratch. Select to Keep all apps and files and continue.
6. Once you click on the Install button, Windows 10 will begin to be installed. This process can take quite a while and the computer will restart numerous times.
After Windows 10 has finished installing, it will connect to Microsoft’s activation servers and automatically acquire a digital license for your PC. To check, go to Windows activation page (Settings > Update & security > Activation) and you’ll see “Windows is activated with a digital license”. If the device has not activated automatically you can enter your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key to activate Windows 10.
This method only works if you are using a genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8
The digital license is associated with the device and unless the hardware is changed, you can perform a clean installation of the same edition of Windows 10 with Media Creation Tool or the ISO files, and activation is automatic.